For use on Hougen Drill Models HMD904 & HMD905
Hougen 08177 Tapping Kit 1/2" Slot Drive (Includes Adapter 08176) - For use with HMD904 & HMD904 - 1/2" Max
Lightweight, easy to install design incorporates a planetary gear reverse with a 1:1 ratio. Reversing speed is equal to spindle speed so in-feed and out-feed of the unit can be employed without reversing motor direction.
Operating the Tapping Attachment
FOR HMD905 ALWAYS TAP IN LOW GEAR 250RPM
1. Produce the correct size hole for the Tap you
2. Install the Tap-Matic unit using the
3. Position the machine so the Tap is centered and
just above the hole.
4. Apply Slick-Stik Lubricant or an alternative oil
appropriate for tapping.
5. Lock the magnet in position and verify the Tap is
still centered over the hole.
6. Start the motor using the operating instruction in
the Operators manual.
7. Rotate the feed handles down until the Tap pulls
thru the material. Feed handles are not used to
drive the tap down.
8. When the Tap-matic Assembly makes contact with
the Stop Screw the gears will disengage and the
Tap will stop turning.
9. While rotating Feed Handles to bring the Tap-Matic
UP, the Tap will engage and turn counter-clockwise.
10. Rotate the Feed Handles until the Tap is clear
of the work piece and push the Motor OFF button.