HMD904 Magnetic Drill
|HMD904 Magnetic Drill|
The mag drill of choice for fabrication. Lightweight, compact, powerful, & versatile.
Now better than ever... completely Redesigned with More Features.
• Large 1-1/2" x 2" capacity
Swivel Base adds even greater versatility:• Precisely line up your pilot with the holes center location
• One stroke lock and unlock handle
• Great for horizontal, overhead, tight areas, and getting out over another piece of steel
New Features for the HMD904
Two Stage Magnet
Hex Wrench Holder
D-Ring for easy attachment of the safety chain
Slot Drive Arbor System
Hougen Manufacturing, Inc (Swartz Creek, MI) has released a completely redesigned HMD904 portable magnetic drill. This new upgraded model includes major improvements and features. The HMD904 with its powerful performance, lightweight size, small footprint and hole capacity is the most popular model in the line of Hougen magnetic drills.
A number of new features and innovations not seen on previous models of the HMD904 have been incorporated into this redesign.
- The newest innovation is the mag drill pilot light. The LED light is built into the base of the magnet and allows the operator to more efficiently and quickly line up the pilot with the hole's center location in low light or no light conditions.
- Powering the drill is a proprietary Hougen motor with a new design to the aluminum casing to improve durability.
- The addition of a two stage magnet increases magnetic holding power by 30% when the drill motor is turned on. This saves energy and increases magnet life. A new arbor system utilizes a 5/8” slot drive for more rigidity, hole accuracy and quicker use of accessories such as drill chucks and tapping attachments.
The HMD904 has many additional features that make the drill easier to use; a more robust housing design with an ergonomic carrying handle, a spot to hold the hex wrench, reversible feed handles and a d-ring on the back of the magnet for quickly attaching the safety chain.
The drill also includes positive slug ejection and a carrying case. For additional productivity, a swivel base magnet and coolant bottle version of the drill is also available.
The HMD904 weighs just 28.9 lbs (13.1 kg), measures 19-5/8"H x 7-3/4"W x 11-5/8"L (499mm x 197mm x 295mm) and provides drilling capacities from 7/16" up to 1-1/2" (12 - 38mm) diameter and 2" (50mm) depth of cut. The drill has an electrical rating of 9A and a 450 RPM motor.
For safety the HMD904 incorporates Hougen’s exclusive features to insure a safe work environment—including a no-adjustment safety switch, which shuts down the drill motor if lift of the magnetic base is detected...plus an LED indicator that monitors this sensor and alerts if the safety switch is not properly engaged.
A two stage power on switch prevents drill rotation unless the magnet has first been engaged, and, in the case of a power interruption, safety circuitry will keep the drill motor off after power is restored until the start button is manually depressed. The HMD904 is made in USA.
Models & Part No.
|Part No.||Description||Voltage||Coolant Bottle||Swivel||Cutter Kit||CSA||Special Plug|
|904105||HMD904 Fab Kit||115V||X||12002|
|904108||HMD904 Fab Kit||115V||X||12004|
|904109||HMD904 Fab Kit||115V||X||X||12002|
|904110||HMD904 Fab Kit||115V||X||X||12004|
|904205||HMD904 Fab Kit||230V||X||12002|
|904208||HMD904 Fab Kit||230V||X||12004|
|904209||HMD904 Fab Kit||230V||X||X||12002|
|904210||HMD904 Fab Kit||230V||X||X||12004|
|904308||HMD904 Fab Kit||230V||X||12004||Type I|
|904310||HMD904 Fab Kit||230V||X||X||12004||Type I|
|904405||HMD904 Fab Kit||230V||X||12002||No Plug|
|904408||HMD904 Fab Kit||230V||X||12004||No Plug|
|904409||HMD904 Fab Kit||230V||X||X||12002||No Plug|
|904410||HMD904 Fab Kit||230V||X||X||12004||No Plug|
|* All drills include: carrying case, pint of coolant, safety chain, & hex wrenches.|
|** Fabricator's Kit also includes: 1/2" Drill Chuck, adapter, & "12,000-Series" Cutter Kit|